The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Monday, December 13, 2010

I know, I know

.... I haven't posted anything in a while.

It's not due to lack of material. Between the baking, the pickling, the crabbing, and the sushi making, lack of material hardly seems to be the issue.

I'm in a funk.

For now, please enjoy the following photographic evidence of urban homesteading which has been taking place in my, and often my dear friend Mandy's kitchen. The pickles, especially, deserve far more attention than the mere posting of these pictures has to offer, but for now it's all that I have in me.

Turns out Katie is quite the oyster shucker! Who knew!?
My first shot at linguine with clams, not too shabby!
Thanks to Mandy, cooking and cleaning whole crab has been added to my repertoire.

Sushi Night 101:
 Brown rice is not for beginners and mellow miso is too mellow.









You can pickle anything...



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try the five spice dinner! The canning and Sushi look fantistic! I know the Sushi is good because I tried it! Hopefully you won't loose any more jars of green beans. Green Bean Snatcher.....at large!

    ReplyDelete