The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Report

So, I'm moving to Seattle after I spend a few months in Paris and I hope someone has a birthday coming up because I'm going to be making a lot of cake! I absolutely LOVED My Homemade Life, stories and recipes from my kitchen table, by Molly Wizenberg. Her coming of age story about life, loss, love, and food has inspired me in so many ways...

Oh, and I take back anything I may have said about her being spoiled :)

Today, I made Molly's Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Coriander, I used fresh tomatoes from my aunt Lori's garden.

3 1/2 pounds ripe Roma Tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt
ground coriander

Preheat oven to 200
Wash and dry the tomatoes, trim away the stem end, and halve them lengthwise. Place them in a large bowl, and, using your hands, toss them gently with the oil. Arrange them cut side up on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and ground coriander, about a pinch of each for every 4 to 6 tomato halves.

Bake until the tomatoes crinkle at the edges and shrink to about half of their original size, 4 to 6 hours. They should be juicy in their center. Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
(recipe from My Homemade Life, by Molly Wizenberg)

3 comments: