The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Vegan Dinner Party

Codie is still going strong on her vegan diet. She was thrilled when I told her that everything on the menu at my dinner party last Thursday night was going to be vegan! It was a little challenging shopping for appetizers for my vegan fiesta. Fresh goat cheese from the farm stand and curry deviled eggs are not vegan. I decided to serve chilled artichokes with vinaigrette dipping sauce, homemade hummus made from chick pea flour and olive oil, and tomato, avocado and fresh basil salad. 


For the main course, thick slices of breaded zucchini over a bed of lentils topped with a fresh nectarine and avocado salsa. It was so satisfying and delicious, even the two carnivores at the table were were impressed!

I guess it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment