The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nothing to Eat

When you know how to cook there is no such thing...

I took inventory of my refrigerator; a half bunch of chard, goat cheese, one limp zucchini, basil, and salsa. In the pantry I found a can of whole pinto beans and quinoa. In the past I would have considered this nothing to eat. I would have spent twenty dollars on take-out from Dharams or popped a bag of popcorn and bottle of wine and called it dinner. Instead, I made this...

Nothing to Eat Quinoa Bowl


Prepare quinoa as directed, 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa. Bring to boil and simmer on low for 15 min. In the mean time, cut up your zucchini and chard and saute in one tablespoon of olive oil for five minutes. Add 1 can of whole pinto beans, rinsed. Add a 1/2 cup of the best salsa in the entire world, Roberto's Tomatillo Salsa made in Santa Cruz. Cook mixture on med/low for 3-5 minutes. Serve over hot quinoa and garnish with fresh goat cheese, preferably from the farm stand :)


No comments:

Post a Comment