The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Monday, October 4, 2010

Starting a Movement

What a perfect way to start my day!  This is an e-mail I just received from my dear friend Monica.

Subject: Dinner last night


"So Ryan loved that butternut squash, leek and kale meal I recreated from you! It came out amazing! And the kale in it worked perfectly! I also found some really good green salsa that this guy makes at the farmers market. The only thing I forgot to put on it was the goat cheese.. I had it in the fridge and forgot, but will add it to leftovers tonight.. tomorrow I'm taking on that eggplant recipe you forwarded to me! This is exciting! Haven't eaten meat in two days as well, although I know that won't last forever, but I do want to drastically reduce it from our diet. Next week I'm going to make that pork chop that you made for the ***********.. Thanks for posting that recipe on your blog!! Love you!"

2 comments:

  1. Monica, you are amazing! I'm so happy that Ryan is into your cooking makeover too! Did you make the enchiladas or did you serve it over toast like we had it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I made it to your blog!!! I served it over toast, I'm not a huge fan of corn tortillas, but I'm sure Ryan would love it that way.. I'll try it next time!But Ryan seriously LOVED it! And it was nice since he rarely feels full with a meal that doesn't include meat. I think I am going to make a bunch of extra eggplant tomorrow and put it into our lunch sandwiches for the week instead of lunch meat.. After seeing that movie I can't even think about eating meat!! I know that will wear off eventually and I will crave something, but will NEVER eat anything that does not come from a good source again.. that was so disturbing!! AND my dear, you will be happy to hear that Ryan and I enjoyed our first organic egg breakfast this morning and it was delish! You were right, they do taste so much better! We got them at the Turnip Truck on Sat and actually got to meet the farmer! We thought that was kind of cool..

    ReplyDelete