The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Two Sisters and a Chef

The lazy chef

“Aren’t you so glad there are only two of us?" Sissy asked as she lay next to me nursing her son. We were talking about the ties that bond between siblings, sisters to be exact. Sis and I have had a rough year in the sisterly love department. Her raising her first child on her own and my consistent absence caused by full blow workaholism, rarely leave us on the same page. The most anger I have ever felt in my life has been towards my sister. On the contrary, the most love I ever feel in my heart is for my sister.  
At this moment, our page numbers are aligned and we have been eating a lot of oatmeal.  Tonight I made Sissy’s oatmeal pudding, my way. Sis uses half and half to cook the oats which makes for a decadent bowl of oatmeal. She adds cinnamon and nuts to create an almost bread pudding like dessert.  I decided to forgo the cream-partly because we were almost out-and added a decadent topping to a plainer bowl of oats. Either way, we both appreciate oatmeal for dessert. Maybe it’s a sister thing.
Oatmeal with Caramelized Cinnamon Apples

Chop one large apple 
Toss chopped apple in coconut oil
Saute apple until soft
Add 1 tablespoon Agave nectar and a teaspoon of cinnamon
Saute until caramelized-about 10 minutes over medium/high heat.
Sever over cooked oats and enjoy with your sister. 



1 comment:

  1. Well, that was very refreshing! I love hearing how two sister's can truly enjoy a bowl of oatmeal without fighting! Love seeing the love for cooking in both of you...

    ReplyDelete