The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Monday, November 15, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do

I know it is cowardly to do this in writing but I feel like it's the only way. If I did it in person, my balloon, fat with courage would deflate in the presence of your full body and nice legs. I have been thinking about our relationship for some time and have decided to end it now before someone gets hurt. Like most relationships, ours has had it's ups and downs. Days go by and we don't see each other at all. On those days, I feel good, like I don't need you, like I could live the rest of my life without you, and be just fine.

Then, you show up and I can't resist you.

Sometimes your aroma is nutty, berrylike, or raisiny. Other times, it is musty, peppery, or smokey. Either way, you intoxicate me with your bouquet. At first, I thought that maybe I just needed some space. You tend to be a little moody. Last week, you were bitter, harsh, and stone like. When I woke up, my lips were purple with anger from letting you back in. Last night, you were brilliant, charming, and warm. Still, when I woke up, my head was screaming "WHY?". Your acidity is strong, with an aftertaste that lingers. I have to let you go, for good.

Our relationship, Red Wine, is over. It's overripe, oxidized, and stale. As much as I love you, you make me sick, literally.

PS
Don't be upset if you catch me hanging out with your cousin, you know, the blonde one.

4 comments:

  1. I know this relationship all too well :) They call it a break up because it's broken. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you.. you know my alternative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad. I thought this might happen at some point, but you two really did have some good times together. Heck - the three of us have had some really good times together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's pretty sad but way overdue. Katie- you're right, they call it a break -up because it's broken. Monica- I'm still need to try your alternative! Dara- some of the best of times!!!

    ReplyDelete