The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make enchiladas!!!

Just the other night I was thinking about giving up on this blog thing. What is it anyway? Some silly recipes along with a few stories about my life, who really cares? 

I decided to sleep on it before I did something permanent like press the "delete blog" button.

Lately, I have been reflecting on things in my life that are, and were supposed to be, permanent. Marriage and tattoos topping my list. Not that I ever assumed these things were going to be temporary, It's just that I never truly considered the meaning of the word permanent. I'm working on that. 

To make a much too long story short, I am so glad that I didn't press the "delete blog" button. I have a feeling it would have been a permanent mistake!


 I woke up in the morning to find this e-mail.  I must have read it a thousand times!


Hello!
 
Your Recipe Qualified for Round Two of the Aetna Healthy Food Fight in Los Angeles!
Please reply within 48 hours

The recipe you submitted to the Aetna Healthy Food Fight has been deemed by Aetna and The Culinary Institute of America as one of the 48 most nutritious recipes submitted for the Los Angeles market.

Aetna is proud to extend a formal invitation to the Aetna Healthy Food Fight regional cook-off in Los Angeles on November 13 and 14, 2010. At the cook-off you will have the opportunity to prepare your healthy meal for our panel of distinguished judges, who will evaluate each dish based on taste and presentation.

To secure your spot, please reply to this e-mail within 48 hours confirming you would like to participate by letting us know your preferred day and time of day from these windows:

        * Saturday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

        * Saturday 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
        
        * Saturday 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
        
        * Saturday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
 

Please also confirm that you are not an employee of G2 or Aetna, or an immediate family of a G2 or Aetna employee, and that you have submitted an original recipe.

All participants will be scheduled into a 90-minute cooking time within their preferred window on a first come, first served basis. Your exact cooking time will be sent to you on Wednesday, November 8th , 2010.

Should you have additional questions, send them along with your preferred window.

Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight!
 
Regards,


Jennings
Aetna Healthy Food Fight

Of course I replied right away and my silly little recipe and I are heading south to compete! Wish us luck!!!


per·ma·nent
  
1.
existing perpetually; everlasting, esp. without significant change.
2.
intended to exist or function for a long, indefinite period without regard to unforeseeable conditions: a permanent employee; the permanent headquarters of the United Nations.
3.
long-lasting or nonfading: permanent pleating; permanent ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment