The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Monday, June 14, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup is not vegan, 1 month

So we did it! 30 days without consuming any animal products what so ever. As I sit here writing this, I am batting the worst cold I have had in a very long time. The kind that  prevents you from attending your best friends wedding reception :( . My hectic schedule finally caught up with me and I'm sicker than a dog. This past week has been the most challenging yet. When I say challenging, I am not referring to cravings for pepperoni pizza rather making time to prepare and cook food that supply balanced nutrition and energy.  This must be the point where people get over this vegan thing. I'm at a crossroads. I'm so busy that paying close attention to eating the correct balance of  foods has been put on the back burner. This past week I have felt bloated and irritable. My diet has been carb heavy which my body is not super stoked on. On the other hand, I have no desire to eat meat so I need to figure this out. I knew this was going to be a challenge and I think I'm up for it. I'm home sick from work today so I'm going to Google: sick busy vegan? 

No comments:

Post a Comment