The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Saturday, June 19, 2010

We ate crab, week 5

So Joe asks if it's ok if he makes a crab pasta at our house. He and Devin had gone crab fishing in Halfmoon Bay and caught enough crab to feed an army. Since I have been cooking meat with all of my pots and pans for years now, I couldn't see the harm in letting him heat up some crab meat in my newly vegan kitchen. Codie and I were still at work when Joe sent her the text about cooking the crab. We were both feeling challenged  with keeping our vegan diet interesting and crab pasta sounded pretty amazing. For the next hour at work we debated weather or not to eat the crab. It was local and we knew exactly where it came from not to mention it needed to be eaten. We had a discussion earlier that day about possibly incorporating some wild caught seafood into our diets but decided not to for now. Long story short we ate the crab!!! Joe made an awesome non-dairy Alfredo with peas and fresh herbs, oh and crab. It tasted amazing. Not quite as amazing were the nightmares Codie had or the overwhelming feeling of remorse I woke up with. I felt nasty, like I cheated on my boyfriend or told a long kept secret. We have since gone strictly back on our vegan diets. Though I am not married to being entirely vegan for eternity, I am not ready to fall off the veggie wagon. I still have more to learn and more to share. All I know is Codie and I were both butt hurt after eating the crab.....

No comments:

Post a Comment