The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I remember you!

I have been flipping to today in my virtual day planner for weeks. I pre-meditated our meeting, rearranged appointments, declined a lunch date, even told a little white lie just to get you all to myself. I loved our walk on the beach and even kind of enjoyed helping you un-pack from your trip to Chicago.  I was in heaven at the farmer's market! The sun, which has been a stranger to us this summer, was illuminating the plums, peaches, heirloom tomatoes, watermelon, squash, and kale like a spot light in a conventional supermarket at midnight. I was so grateful that we were there alone. Time seemed to be standing still, allowing us to catch up with our vendor friends, sharing recipe ideas with fellow slow foodies and spending ten minutes choosing three perfect plums. I also loved planning tonight's menu with only you in mind. Summer squash and Brussel sprout curry over quinoa and a heaping side of delicately wilted greens served with a slice of fresh from the oven garlic bread, gluten free of course.

I vowed and succeeded to spend the entire summer working and saving money, then I thought of something... I've missed you and after spending the entire day together I passed by the mirror and realized that you are actually me!      

The moral of the story is... take care of your self, eat well, cook well, live well. Everything else will fall into place..

2 comments: