The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back on the mat, Day 5

Though I have been thriving on my new vegan diet, I have been neglecting something in my life that is extremely important to me, my yoga practice. Over the past two months, my busy work schedule combined with several emotional irruptions in my personal life have led me to a sadly familiar state of depression. I listened to the little devil on my shoulder and let myself believe that I'm am not good enough or deserving of love and happiness. I talked myself in to believing that if I were thinner, prettier, more formally educated, wealthier, from a different family, blah, blah, blah, that I would be loved. I spent the entire month of April and early May mentally beating myself down to nothing. Something had to change! I decided to stop listening to the devil on my shoulder. All of these negative things I was beveling about myself were lies. I was listening because for some stupid reason I feel comfortable and safe surrounded by my own poisonous inner chatter. So I quit listening, cold tofurkey!!!

I went to yoga today for the first time in over a month. I was intimated at first but since I no longer listen to the voice of poison, I decided to just go and feel what ever my body and mind were going to feel. I'm writing about this because today was the most connected I have ever felt with my body in a yoga class. I was fully present with my breath and movement. I truly believe that eating a vegan diet and being fully aware of what I am putting into my body has everything to do with the experience I had on the mat today!!!

Codie is at a potluck wedding today. I hope her vegan pesto pasta salad is a hit!!!

Love and Kindess

No comments:

Post a Comment