The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

OMG you freaky hippies, Day 3

So we are definitely getting funny looks with this whole vegan thing. People simply cannot deal with the idea of not eating animal flesh or drinking milk from a cow in their coffee and cereal. Besides the politics behind these major industries which are sucking our natural resources dry, there are huge health benefits of going vegan. I encourage you to do some research of your own before you knock it! Heart disease is the number on killer of woman in the United States. I'm not writing this blog to preach, rather to share an experience. So call me a crunchy, tree hugging, hippie as much as you like. I actually kinda like it!!
So back to day 3... We are going shopping tonight to stock our vegan pantry. I realized that having the right food in the house is huge!! Woman cannot live of pita and hummus alone. Cooking is very important also. If you don't like to cook you will end up eating a lot of packaged/processed food, which is not exactly healthy. Many of the packaged meat/dairy substitute items on the market have a lot of sugar and can be very salty. The less processed the better for you! Overall I'm feeling great! I feel lighter and happier and it's only been 3 days!!

Love and Kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment