The Kind blog is now www.loveafoodstory.com

Friday, May 21, 2010

Veggie girls in a big meaty world, day 4

Last night was so much fun! We went veggie crazy at the health food store and created an amazing vegan feast. Even our very non vegan friend Katie was impressed with the veg-tastic smorgasbord. Today was kind of a challenge. As I mentioned before, Codie and I both work at a steak house. For privacy reasons I will call it Beefland. Working a double shift at Beefland today was interesting. I was really concentrating on how everyone seemed to be so unaware of what they were putting into their bodies, or at least pretending to be. I don't want to say anything negative about Beefland because it pays for my veggies at the farmers market, my upcoming trip to Italy and my portion of the bill at Malabar, our local and totally awesome vegan restaurant in Santa Cruz. I'm kinda in a catch 22. On that note, lets check in with Codie!

Interview with Codie

LR: So, we are 4 days in, how are you feeling?
CM:Pretty good, I feel cleaner and lighter and less lethargic. Normally, I feel tired and worthless after eating but now that I am excluding dairy and fatty meat, I feel more satisfied and pleased with my healthy choices.

LR: What has been the most challenging part of adopting a vegan lifestyle?
CM: Making sure the right balance of foods are available when I'm hungry and busy. I woke up earlier than normal this morning to make my lunch and throw a few healthy snacks together in-case I couldn't make it home before my next shift.

LR: Do you see yourself sustaining this lifestyle?
CM: Yes, definitely. I love the creativity with cooking and nourishing myself with whole, healthy foods. I love supporting local farmers and our environment.

LR: On a more personal note, how is your digestive system treating you?
CM: It's active! 3-5 times a day! Not very stinky and lighter in color.

LR: Thanks Codie! You rock!!!

Love and Kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment